Hamsters need to be handled regularly. A hamster that is gently played with every day will be significantly calmer and friendlier than a hamster that is rarely played with.
I offer boarding and round-trip transportation for hamsters, or can also visit your hamster in your own home. I have experience owning both dwarf hamster and Syrian/Golden hamster varieties (winter white dwarf, Campbell’s Russian dwarf, black bear, teddy bear, panda, etc.), and will care for them accordingly.
Your hamster stays at my home, enjoying a scenic view on top of a high, sturdy bookshelf. To ensure a high level of care for your pet, I accept a maximum of 3 hamster guests at any given time. Kindly note that payment is due in full at the time I receive the hamster.
$5/day or $25/week
Pick-up and delivery service available – $40 round-trip within my cat service area
Pet owner provides all necessities – food, bedding, cage, ball, etc..
- Concierge service (shopping for missing items, with a service fee)
I provide occasional hamster-friendly treats free of charge:
- fresh vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, celery, carrot, spinach, kale),
fruit (raisins, grapes, blueberries) – NOT for dwarf hamsters,
unsalted peanuts, or
fresh stove-popped unsalted popcorn
Water changed daily
Food changed or refilled daily (as per preference)
- Play time! (Yes, even if they’re a biter.)
- Overturned wheels and bowls righted and wiped down when soiled
- Weekly cage cleaned with vinegar and/or dish soap (as per preference)
- Regular text/email reports with pictures (as per preference)
I visit your hamster at your home. Daily visit required.
- All the care features in the above hamster boarding package
- Water houseplants
- Collect mail
- Turn lights on/off, move waste cans, move drapes to make it appear that someone is home
Same fees as for cat visits (no extra charge if included with cat care)
Not a hamster?
I am most experienced with cats and hamsters, but would be happy to provide similar services for other small furry animals like gerbils, rats, mice, chinchillas, degus, hedgehogs, ferrets, sugar gliders, etc.. See my services for guinea pigs and rabbits. My boarders have even included a turtle! Contact me for a consultation. The hamster rate may not apply to other animals. Kindly note that I may not be able to provide boarding for certain animals and cage set-ups.
REMINDER: I have 2 cats and a small child. This is why my hamster boarders are kept on top of bookshelves, and why I cannot accept certain animals as boarders. I have never had a cat-related or child-related injury to a hamster or boarder in my care.