Hamsters need to be handled regularly. A hamster that is gently played with every day will be significantly calmer and friendlier than a hamster that is rarely played with.
I offer boarding and round-trip transportation for hamsters, or can also visit your hamster in your own home. I have experience owning both dwarf hamster and Syrian/Golden hamster varieties (winter white dwarf, Campbell’s Russian dwarf, black bear, teddy bear, panda, etc.), and will care for them accordingly.
Your hamster stays at my home, enjoying a scenic view on top of a high, sturdy bookshelf. To ensure a high level of care for your pet, I accept only a few boarding guests at any given time. Kindly note that payment is due in full at the time I receive the hamster.
Pet owner provides all necessities – food, bedding, cage, ball, etc..
I provide occasional hamster-friendly treats free of charge:
- fresh vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, celery, carrot, spinach, kale),
fruit (raisins, grapes, blueberries) – NOT for dwarf hamsters,
unsalted peanuts, or
fresh stove-popped unsalted popcorn
Water changed daily
Food changed or refilled daily (as per preference)
- Play time! (Yes, even if they’re a biter.)
- Overturned wheels and bowls righted and wiped down when soiled
- Regular text/email reports with pictures (as per preference)
- Pick-up and delivery service available within my cat service area
- Cage cleaned with vinegar and/or dish soap (as per preference)
- Concierge service (shopping for missing items, with a service fee)
I visit your hamster at your home. Daily visit required.
- All the care features in the above hamster boarding package
- Water houseplants
- Collect mail
- Turn lights on/off, move waste cans, move drapes to make it appear that someone is home
Same fees as for cat visits (no extra charge if included with cat care)
Not a hamster?
I would be happy to provide pet care services for other small furry animals like gerbils, rats, mice, chinchillas, degus, hedgehogs, ferrets (visits only), sugar gliders, etc.. See my services for guinea pigs and rabbits. My boarders have even included a turtle! Contact me for a consultation. Kindly note that I may not be able to provide boarding for certain animals and cage set-ups.
REMINDER: I have a cat and a small child. This is why my hamster boarders are kept on top of bookshelves, and why I cannot accept certain animals as boarders. I have never had a cat-related or child-related injury to a hamster or boarder in my care.